ABOUT HOUSTON SINGS ALL-STATE!
This choral festival is a long-held dream of HMC’s Artistic and Music Director, Tom Jaber. The Houston Masterworks Chorus is thrilled to sponsor what is developing into an annual event.
This season the invitation is to join Tom Jaber and the Houston Masterworks Chorus in performing choral works by Brahms and other choral masters.
High school singers who participate in the long and rigorous audition process are eligible to participate in Houston Sings All-State!, whether or not they are selected into the All-State Choirs. Many will not have completed the audition process at the time of this concert.
On Friday and Saturday, February 22-23, 2019, the chorus invites Houston Sings All-State! participants to join the concert Brahms & Other Classics. The event will feature Bryan Anderson, organist, and a string ensemble. Important dates and times are as follows:
- Joint rehearsal: Friday, February 22, 2019, 7-9 pm
- Dress rehearsal: Saturday, February 23, 2019, 1:30-3:30 pm
- Concert & Reception: Saturday, February 23, 2019, 4:00 pm
- W.A. Mozart: Regina Coeli in C Major, K. 276
- W.A. Mozart: Laudate Dominum from Solemn Vespers, K. 339
- Johannes Brahms: Schicksalslied, Op. 54
- Johannes Brahms: Zigeunerlieder, Movements 1, 7, and 9.
- Randall Thompson:
- The Road Less Traveled
- Chose Something Like A Star
- William Dawson: Soon ah will be done